Thursday, September 15, 1994

This Doctor has killed my wife !

It was the month of September 1994, my grandmother had a fall and went into coma. She was admitted into Indira Gandhi Medical College, Nagpur. One day at about 3.30 in the early morning, there was a huge commotion in the female ward. Relatives of a patient were bashing up the resident doctor in the ward. On enquiring from one of them he told me "he has killed my wife". I asked the doctor as to what had happened. He told me that he had asked the patients relatives to arrange for 2 units of blood as the lady's Heamoglobin count was very low. They could not arrange for donors and hence the transfusion could not be done and the patient passed away due to a cardiac arrest. This incident left a huge impact on me.
My Grandmother passed away on 24th September 1994.