Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Mail from Ms Madhavi from the US

Dear Mr. Khushroo Poacha,
I cannot thank you and donors on your web site enough in my lifetime. My father had AML leukemia. I came to bombay without knowing anyone in bombay to get my dad treated at jaslok hospital bombay. My dad needed blood and platelets everyday almost for almost two months while he was undergoing chemotherapy for leukemia. I was worried and terrified and I was searching on web as my last chance to find donors for my dad and found your website. I called strangers I did not even know and so many generous wonderful donors came to donate blood and platelets for my dad. I am so grateful to them and to you for keeping my dad alive. Without your website my dad would not have survived for 10 months while he was suffering with leukemia and those ten months were so precious for us that my family cannot thank bombay and hyderabad donors registered on your site enough in words. Most of the generous donors I met in bombay and hyderabad were engineers, ceo's and people working hard in their daily jobs and they still made time and came all the way to jaslok hospital and apollo hospitals in bombay and hyderabad. At one point I did not even have time to call donors for my dad and the donors who came were so sweet that they informed their friends who also registered at your website and brought so many donars. I constantly pray to God to keep all of my dads donors safe, I made so many wonderful brothers who gave me 10 months to spend time with my dad which meant a lot to me. I am in touch with some of them who became my brothers and hope to get it touch with all of them when I come to india. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you. I read today an article on rediff about you and how hard it was for you financially to start this website. Thanks so much for starting this website, I am sure hundreds and thousands of people all over india would be forever grateful to you for doing that. God bless you and your wife and all the donors who registered at your website for doing such great service to society and families like mine. what you are doing is very noble. when I come to india I would like to send you a money order to you so that you can improve your website or do something special for your donors. can you please let me know your address. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you and your donors. thanks so much once again for writing, I am forever thankful to you and all your donors who gave blood and platelets to my dad. I looked into your website to share my experiences under testimonials but could not do that. please feel free to post this email in your website as a testimonial. thanks so much.

Regards
Madhavi